Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

McNugget, McNugget what?

Well, I am 7 weeks pregnant today.

And still very, very excited about this new chapter in my life! Apparently Baby H. is now the size of a blueberry (yes, I do get those weekly emails) and growing in leaps and bounds. Luckily for me, pregnancy has been very easy as of yet. I haven't had any nausea and while I have been tired (more so this week then before), it hasn't been too invasive into my life so far. These are all good things to not experience!

What I have had are food aversions and cravings. My food aversions right now include sweets and candies... particularly chocolate. For some reason it doesn't taste good and I want nothing to do with sweets right now. I guess this is a healthy food aversion that will help me in the long run to not gain too much non-baby weight. Cravings though? We're talking bell peppers, savory foods, and... chicken mcnuggets. Yes, that is right. Chicken. McNuggets. From McDonalds. Seriously?

So Mitch enjoys singing the McNugget song to me. It goes something like this:

I'm into nuggets ya'll, I'm into nuggets ya'll
McNugget, McNugget what? McNugget, McNugget what?
Ketchup and Mayo, Ketchup and Mayo

Complete with hand motions also. I have a feeling that I am never going to live that craving down!

All in all though... it has been a fantastic pregnancy. I'm really looking forward to our first appointment at the doctors office in just 9 days. We'll be able to get an ultrasound and be able to see and hear our baby which I'm sure will be just absolutely amazing. We haven't quite decided the timelines of when we are going to let a lot of people know of our news, but I think after the first appointment we will be letting extended family know. We will probably wait to tell our friends until after the 2nd appointment when the 1st trimester is almost over. I will say that it is getting more and more difficult to keep such a wonderful thing a secret!

**Added note on 3/11/2010. So last night (on 3-10) I had a huge craving for Ro-Tel Cheese dip and Fritos. So today Mitch went and got ro-tel cheese dip for me and Fritos... except he got the itty bitty Frito chips instead of the scoops. So what did my hormonal pregnant self do? I had him run out to Cub to get the right Fritos. My-oh-my... hormones are weird. Of course I told him how much I loved him and how much I appreciate everything... and how I knew that I was being hormonal. How I do love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment