Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, March 12, 2010

Lutsen, MN


Apparently I experienced pregnancy brain on my last post as I completely forgot to mention my wonderfully relaxing mini-vacation to Lutsen, MN last weekend! It was breathtakingly beautiful and just what we needed.

The North Shore is a sight to see. It was my first time up there and I couldn't believe the scenary and the view of Lake Superior along the whole North Shore drive (about a two hour drive from Duluth to Lutsen). Once we got to our destination, Lutsen Resort, we checked in at the main lodge and then drove on over to our cabin where we were staying. Right behind our cabin was the Poplar River that flowed into Lake Superior which we could see from our cabin as well. The room had a huge king size bed with a fireplace right there. There is nothing more relaxing than falling asleep with the gas fireplace flickering away. Though we found the perfect temperature for ideal sleeping was to have the heat on low, fan on, one window open, and the fireplace going. Talk about something you would never do at home!

The massage was very relaxing for the both of us also. We were in the same room and it was a well-spent 90 minutes of massage. Afterwards we got to sit in a room together that overlooked Lake Superior.

The food there was fantastic. Expensive, but delicious as can be. I was also relatively able to make sure I was getting my fruits, vegetables, water, and milk intake each day also! However, I will say that there is nothing odder than to have your husband order a classic martini and then order chocolate milk for yourself!

All in all, the weekend came to a close much too quickly for us. On the drive back to the Twin Cities, we stopped in Two Harbors at Split Rock Lighthouse to see the sights and visit the museum. And I will say this about vacations: vacations are great, but it is also sure nice to get home also.

No comments:

Post a Comment