Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day Two and More Announcements...

So today we celebrated Kirstin's 1st birthday (her actual birthday is tomorrow- March 1st) and informed my family of the new addition to the family we will be having in about 8 months. My mom squealed with excitement and came running over to me saying, "I knew it... I just knew it. Mothers know!" My dad kept hugging me throughout the night and Andrew gave the wise advice that the baby will keep us busy. I kindly reminded him that we won't be starting out with 4 kids like he did with Aimee...

In other words, my family was quite excited and it was nice to be able to talk to more people about this new and exciting chapter of our lives that we just found out that we are on. It's weird to think that we just found out about this and we are already over 5 weeks on this journey. Mitch and I have decided that we will take weekly pictures of my belly just to be able to really visualize the changes that will be occuring.

Oh! We also received our very first baby gift today from Andrew and Aimee. They gave us a fetal heart monitor that we will be able to use in about 4 weeks to try and hear our baby's heartbeat! They used it with Kirstin and now they have given it to us. There are two headphone jacks so we can both listen at the same time. Based off of information in my book that I have been reading, it sounds like we will not be able to hear the baby's heartbeat until 9 weeks or so. Interestingly enough, that will be the day after my birthday! Talk about a pretty neat gift.

Now it is off to bed so I can have a great start to this next week. I have a full week coming up... and I need to make a certain doctor's appointment! Now to see how well I can keep such a wonderful thing a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment