Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Oh my God. Mitch!"

Today we had Empire over (along with Mitch's mom, Becky) to look at replacing the carpet in the house. At first we wanted to have them put in laminate wood floor in the dining room and kitchen, but realized that the final cost of that plus carpet for the living room, stairs, and hallways would be over double our budget. So... we decided laminate wood floor was something that just wasn't necessary. So after spending some money on new carpet and saying goodbye to the mother-in-law, we decided to have me take a pregnancy test.

As of today, I was 1 week and 5 days late.... but only 3 days later than last month. I was so certain that it was going to be negative as I do not feel pregnant and feel less pregnant than I did last month. So, I went ahead and took the test and the next words out of my mouth were "Oh my God. Mitch!"

That's right... I am officially pregnant as per both tests that I have taken today! Mitch and I were so excited... I think that we were both in shock and that it still hasn't completely sunk in yet. After spending about half an hour repeating to ourselves that we were pregnant we decided to play Band Hero.

Yep. Band hero. That's how we roll.

We decided to go ahead and tell Mitch's parents tonight and they were quite happy (although they did say that they are too young to be grandparents). We will be telling my parents tomorrow at Kirstin's 1st birthday party as my whole family will be in one place. Besides, I don't think that Kirstin will mind if we steal a little bit of her spotlight.

So, with my LMP being on January 20, 2010... that would put me at 5.5 weeks pregnant. Still very early! It looks like the due date will be around October 27th, but of course this is all probably going to change and be more accurate after the first doctor's visit. Needless to say, we are both very excited and can't wait to see how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment