Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Scentsy Disaster of 2009

Shortly after our wedding in June, I started to occasionally have problems breathing right before bedtime. This was odd considering that I have never had that problem beforehand unless I had consumed celery or some other food that I am highly allergic to. Mitch and I just figured that it was from Brady and Zelda's dander (our pets of whom I am allergic to) and that there was nothing that we could really do. However, this never seemed to sit very well with me considering that I have owned Brady for about 4 years and we have had Zelda for a year and half now.

Well, Friday night? We finally figured it out. One of our wedding gifts was Scentsy, a wickless wax that you use to scent the house and is safer than having an open-flamed candle. We would use them on occasion and it only took 4 months for us to figure out that my throat would start to close up after we had the Scentsy product going for a couple of hours with me sitting right next to the darn contraption.

So, Mitch removed Scentsy from our home, opened up the bedroom window, turned on the fan, closed the door and then we went for a late night walk to try and allow me to breathe a bit easier. That night, I was very thankful for my heating blanket as we kept the window open all night long and relieved that we had finally figured this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment