Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, November 2, 2009

New Chapter to Begin

Just under 5 months into our marriage, Mitch and I have decided to start preparing for the next step of our life together. We are making plans to start a family and we are determined to do everything that we possibly can to plan appropriately. Just yesterday I began taking prenatal vitamins and even though it is about two months before we actually start trying... I am beginning to feel my heart beat with excitement and anticipation.

The idea of starting a family is both wonderful and frightening all at the same time. It changes your whole life and your marriage which are both things that I do not want to lose. However, while it does alter current situations, I do not think that it is necessarily for the worse. Family is something that Mitch and I have discussed at length and it is a step that we both want to experience together. While things will change, I know that we will be able to embrace the new chapter of our lives with arms open wide.

I honestly think the most difficult part of this new chapter will be trying not to get our hopes up too high when we do begin trying for our baby. There is never a guarantee that we will be successful and Lord knows that I am not one for much patience. This will be our hardest obstacle and I hope that we are successful when we try so we can avoid this possible hardship.

Either way, there is no possible way for me to know what lies in store for us, so I am starting to prepare for our attempts by taking prenatal vitamins. Next on my "To Do List" is to start eating healthier and exercise more regularly. I also want to start this blog/journal as something I can write down my thoughts and experiences as we do begin this new and exciting chapter, or journey, of our life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment