Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, July 12, 2010

Kicks, viability, and upcoming appointments.

... my oh my. What a strong little man I have! I'm slowly getting used to my belly randomly moving around all over the place, but I'm still amazed every time I feel him move and kick around in there. It's such an amazing feeling and I love how he is constantly reminding me of his presence. It's reassuring and puts me at ease knowing that he's doing alright.

I'm only 3 days away from 24 weeks... which also marks the point of viability! This is a wonderful milestone as it means if I was to go into labor, baby boy Hofer would have a 50-70% chance of survival. At 26 weeks, that statistic jumps up to approximately 90%.

Our next doctor appointment is this Friday. It should be a short visit... check my weight, blood pressure, measure my belly, and listen to the heartbeat. It's the 28 week visit that will be the long one... the infamous glucose test.

I'm also quite excited that we officially have a 3D ultrasound appointment set up now! We have it scheduled for 27 weeks, 2 days... so August 7th. Our parents will be coming with us so that they can meet their grandson. I'm excited to see what our little man looks like... and who he looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment