Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, July 16, 2010

24 Week Dr. Appointment.

Our 24 week appointment was today and it went very well! My fundal height is right on track at 24cm for 24 weeks. So this means that he looks to be growing as he should. My weight gain is also looking good at 18 lbs. It's always reassuring to be told that you are on track with what the doctors are looking for. His heartbeat was at 130 at rest and then sped up whenever he moved... which was often! It did sound nice and strong and, as always, was a wonderful sound. Another piece of good news is that my blood pressure is still nice and normal at 90/60. I was a bit worried as the last appointment my blood pressure was 120/80 which is normal for everyone... but a bit on the high side for me. Thankfully, it is back to normal which makes for a very happy Lindsay.

We also set up our 28 week appointment today that included the glucose screening test and my RhoGAM shot. Basically, we will have to show up about 30 minutes before our appointment and go down to the lab to drink the glucose sugar drink. After drinking that, we will head up to see Dr. Cheng for our 28 week appointment and then it is back down to the lab we go. 1 hour after I finish drinking the glucose sugar drink they will draw my blood... and then it is back up to the Ob/Gyn desk so I can see a nurse to get my RhoGAM shot. Again, the RhoGAM shot is because I'm RH-Negative and need that to make sure my baby boy doesn't have any issues from this. So, all-in-all, we will be there for over an hour next month.

We were also told that we only have 2 more monthly appointments until we go on a new appointment schedule. So that will be the 28 week and 32 week appointments. After that, we will be going to appointments every 2 weeks until the last month as then it will be every week. Our appointments (should) go as follows: 28 week, 32 week, 34 week, 36 week, 37 week, 38 week, 39 week, and 40 week.

On the home front, our office is about ready to be an empty room (probably by next week) which is good news as it means we can start getting the nursery ready. Paint the walls, shampoo the carpets, and all of that good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Don't eat anything sweet before doing the test! You will feel junkier if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I really don't want to fail... or to feel off. I appreciate the inside scoop!

    ReplyDelete